Creative Dance Project Day 2 London
26 June @ 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Help us make a dance film
We want to make a Micro Rainbow dance film to celebrate recovery through coming together. We want to share that film as part of Refugee Week. Refugee Week is a festival celebrating the creativity and strength of refugees and asylum seekers. This year the theme for Refugee Week is Healing. We want our LGBTQI experience to be part of that.
We’ve already filmed some of our in person body and movement sessions. You can also join us in the film by recording some video on your phone.
- The video should be maximum one minute.
- Video in landscape, with the image wide is better.
- You don’t have to show your identity. Video yourself in a way that’s safe and comfortable for you. Maybe it’s just your hands or your back. You can choose.
- In the video, you can think about the things that make your body feel safe, happy and relaxed. And you can show us how you dance thinking about those things. You can move slow. You can move fast. Move how you like.
- If you like you can tell us in the video how your body feels after this dancing.
Send the videos to [email protected]
We’ll gather the videos and put them together into our dance film. So even if you can’t join in person movement sessions, we can all connect in the film.
We’ll come together in London on Refugee Week on the:
- 25th June, 2pm – 6pm
- 26th June, 2pm – 6pm
And we’ll share our film with each other then.
Because we’d like the dance film to be public, we’ll make sure that the film keeps us all safe. You won’t be identifiable in the film unless you want to be and we’ll ask your permission.
Find out more about our Social inclusion programme.